Seasoned session bassist and musical director with international touring experience and 20+ recording sessions under his belt, available for recording/touring/fill-in gigs etc.
Based in Melbourne Australia, I play electric bass, double bass, dabble on guitar, and like most people in the music industry I wear several hats:
- playing original music as a live and studio musician;
- playing covers, including tribute shows, corporate events and weddings;
- musical director (Neil Diamond and Whitney Houston tribute shows);
- producing music for commercial use;
- teaching bass and guitar;
- working for Heartstop Music, a boutique agency specialising in artist management, bookings, and production including The Melbourne Folk Club.
Self taught but university trained, I’m a fast learner and combine my ability to play by ear with the theoretical rigour of a jazz education (Elder Conservatorium, Adelaide Uni), always being mindful of not letting the theory get in the way of a good groove! I especially love to play with singer-songwriters across the pop/roots/folk/alt-country genres and like most bass players love playing soul/funk/rnb.
With great gear, an even better attitude, I’m professional and reliable and available to fill in for your next gig or record your next album.